Winter will be soon approaching!
Here are some tips on how to prepare your property for the colder weather:
- Clean out gutters and downspouts this will help prevent ice dams from occurring.
- Clean out roof drains, especially on flat roof buildings.
- Be sure all below ground drains for evacuation of rainwater are clear of debris (leaves, trash, etc.) for this winter's melting snows.
- Change preset timers for exterior lighting in order to get the most efficient product and energy usage while still providing a safely lit environment.
- Check nearby trees for damage that may have occurred during winter storms. Have large loose/broken branches removed for safety.
- All homes should have carbon monoxide detectors within 10 feet of bedrooms.
- Change smoke detector batteries once a year. We also recommend that the entire smoke detector be replaced every 5 years for maximum safety.
- Click on the Resources Tab for some Drought Watering Tips
Have a safe and happy Fall Season!